Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Stuffed up

I have been called out before but my little bro who is near and dear to my heart emailed me, "Time to update your blog." It wasn't really a request more like stating a known fact. So I'll tell you about our day.

Seth has a cold, so Eric bought a humidifier. He set it up last night after the rest of us had all gone to bed, and this morning Isaac found the empty humidifier box. Well, it wasn't exactly "empty," it had the styrofoam casing inside. Isaac stuffed styrofoam up his nose. I was not sitting two feet away from him. (This may be a huge deterrent from friends ever asking me to watch their children.) The papa took him to Urgent care and they couldn't get it out, now we have to go to an Ear, Nose, and Throat specialist tomorrow. Nuts! This is one of those crazy stories that happen to other people. I am trying to grin, even if it is through gritted teeth. Maybe tomorrow I'll post a picture of Isaac's nostril.

Oh ya, Eric called me on the phone to share his thought, "Isn't it ironic that the thing I bought to un-stuff Seth's nose, totally stuffed up Isaac's." hmph

12 comments:

karen louise said...

Oh Gosh, Jenny Beth!!! What in the world? I think it's funny that you were only 2 feet away from him...how in the world can something like that happen in a split second? :) I hope that his nose can get unstuffed and you can be a happy mamma again!

Allison said...

WOW! I hope his nose gets unstuffed and everything is okay. I can't help but smile at your description of the event. I know this isn't funny but you did put a smile on my face. Keep us posted on what happens.

Gaylene said...

Jenny,
I fogot to tell you to ask your mother about the "gum wrapper" up Tim's nose when they lived in Dugway. Oh gross!!!

michelle keisel said...

alexa had a plastic bag up her nose for days. her nose kept running with a little bit of blood. finally after a few days of this i took her in. she had stuffed part of a wal-mart bag up her nose while she was in the back seat of the van. i had no clue until the dr pulled it out. now that is great parenting! hope everything comes out ok!

Unknown said...

Oh, I feel so bad! It is all my fault. We got everyone sick. The Stephenson's are sick, and you guys obviously are, too. I am so so sorry! I really didn't realize it until Sunday night and we were already there. Poor little Isaac, tell him that Lane and I want to give him a big hug! I did have a friend who's son got a marble stuck up his nose. So sad!

Ben & Carly said...

Horray Jenny's back! does it make you feel any better that on sunday luke ate a marble just so Olivia couldn't have a turn holding it. Kelly says I should be checking his ummm waste to make sure it comes out. I keep forgetting so maybe I should be visiting the doctor too! I saw Serena's post about thanksgiving, it killed me. that beach house ahhh, football on the beach ahhhhhh, I told Ben as soon as he makes some kind of money we are starting a new tradition- thanksgiving with the Hatches, they know how to do it right! I'm excited to see you soon, Luke keeps talking about his cousin Issac. hang in there with Seth and get some sleep!

JaNae said...

Wasn't it last week that you were helping me laugh off my woes?!?! Well I had a good laugh at yours but I'm so sorry for all the trouble it's causing you. I sure hope it gets funnier for you soon!

Jana said...

Ok, Seth is soooo cute! What a cute little guy. Love the dimples! Lots of hair. How are you doing with two? I just wanted to say thanks for your comment on my blog a while back, it made my day! You're the best compliment giver I know!! Hope all is well in Q-town!

Anonymous said...

OHHH--Jenny Beth. Isn't life crazy these days...Who had time to do anything? If I have a shower and brush my teeth, I'm doing GREAT!! I wish we could just hop in Anna's Jeep and go work out at the Mecca, then head to McDonald's (without kids) for ice cream...those were the carefree days. The funny thing is, I still need to get in shape and working out is way down the list:) Good Luck with the nose--Amy and Rick's youngest puts everything up her nose too.

andrewcolton said...

Thanks, 'bout time! ;)

Erin said...

I hope you're feeling better. I had what sounds like the same thing, and it was horrible! Health is a wonderful thing, isn't it?!

Ann said...

I miss you Jenny. Your stories always could make me laugh. Hope Isaac's doing better now. Congratulations on your new little one.