Monday, June 28, 2010

Life as we know it...

I just got back from taking the boys to the pool. They LOVE it! It was just me and my little gents, so we ALL got in our swimming suits before heading over. As we got in the car this was Isaac's and my conversation:

I: Mom, the people are going to see you naked.
M: No they aren't. I'm not naked.
I: Yes you are.
M: Isaac, I'm wearing a swimming suit.
I: (concerned) Yes you are. There's a man...but he didn't see you naked. There's another man...but he didn't see you naked either.
M: Good.
***30 seconds later***
I: Mom, can you roll down my window so I can warn the people that your naked.
M: (humored) Okay. (roll down window)
I: (yelling) HEY PEOPLE! LOOK STRAIGHT CAUSE MY MOM IS NAKED.

It's good to know he has my back...or maybe in this case everyone else's.

One more sad note. Isaac is a DC baby. Not only does he have to be concerned about his mother's modesty, but he is often reminded that getting around in this area takes extra time because of traffic. I just noticed him playing cars on our window seal. As he pummeled his cars into one another I heard him say "Traffic! Traffic!" Hmph.

9 comments:

The Holts said...

I just think this is hilarious. Your boys are so funny! It is good to know that you really were NOT naked. :)

Sarah said...

Hahahahaha! I love little stories like this! Too funny! Love you all, kisses and hugs all around!

karen louise said...

Isaac has your cute sense of humor for sure!!!

Jenny Beth I miss you.

I think I saw your brother Benji at Gold's gym today...maybe. It looked like him...and he looked like you, so even if it wasn't him, I thought lots about you today.

PS. I have not neglected to read your facebook email nudge for me to read Elder Maxwell's talk...I am working on finishing it as I speak. And I LOVE you for being inspired so...cause it's what I need to hear right now.

I love you.

LOTS.

JaNae said...

It's always good to start the day with a good laugh! Thanks Jenny....keep your clothes on!

michelle keisel said...

So funny! I loved this.

katie said...

bah! I love this. Great story, and great telling of it!

Ann said...

Love it! Kaylee always tells me the people at the pool are naked, so far she hasn't told me that I am. Isaac is so cute and he always has been.

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Hilarious! I lost your blog...but found it again as I was going through old FB messages. I'm so happy.

I missed you Hermanita!

Ben & Carly said...

thank you Issac I needed this today, what a darling boy...I will be laughing and smiling all day, which is really a little miracle because I have been awfully grumpy all day. so hooray for you Issac and your funny little personality and your scantily clad mother.