I spoke with the doctor before going into the sonogram room and he gave me a good scare about the risks for babies born to diabetic mommies. It was sobering. But Eric told me a few months ago that he felt confident this baby was going to be healthy. Eric is pretty close with the spirit and that really buoyed my spirits...plus he gave me a blessing that said as much. That means we were batting with a 100% chance that we were going to bat a 1000. Good odds. BUT when the tech zoomed over a well developed spine I breathed a sigh of relief anyway. And when she exposed that amazing pumping heart and specified the four chambers, I was impressed again that a true miracle is growing inside me. I started to cry I was so happy. He is a miracle. My actual thought was "She is a miracle."
I didn't think I cared if this baby was a boy or a girl, but I was certain this baby was a girl.
So I didn't cry while I was a gely-belly...
nor when we went out for dinner...
and not when I drove home by myself (Eric met us at the office and drove our little gents home).
But I admit disappointment, and I cried in the safety of my home, which made me feel let down at myself.
Augh! I should be grateful, generally I am a grateful person, and this was something to be grateful about. But I had started watching tiny girl hair-dos, and imagining what a feminine impact a girl would have on my boys. Now I think that if I were a little boy spirit up in heaven THIS is exactly the family I would want to come to. He has a perfect daddy to emulate. And his two brothers are Fun, capital F. We laugh a lot around here at these two comedians. And I like to think we are the ultimate MTC.
We are thrilled to have another Hatch boy.
I am grateful he has Y chromosomes...he had four heart chambers...he is a miracle.

15 comments:
I was with you on girl #3! Thank goodness for early ultrasounds. I would feel so guilty if I cried on the delivery table as I found out that we were having another...
As you said, lucky little guy!
p.s. I can make you a pretty bow for your hair if that helps!
Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE baby boys (and teenage boys and grown up boys)! You're a great "boy mom" ... this newest one is soooo lucky!
If there is a next one after this, we will just have to have a medical talk with Eric, since he really is that deciding factor! hahaha! I am thrilled though that he is healthy and everything looks great! Congrats. I always just wanted boys and no girls, so this is good for you. After all those brothers you and Kelly had, you should know exactly what to do!!
Congratulations, Jenny and Eric! Three boys! All three of your boys are blessed to be born into your family. You and Eric both are such great parents and I couldn't love you more! :-) I am so grateful that this little boy is developing well and that YOU are doing okay.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! If I were a little boy I would LOVE to come to your home! I'm so excited for you and your family.
Oh, yay!! You make some stinking cute boys, so I know this one will follow suit! You are welcome to come over to my house and feel the XX any time!! Take em for a day even! :)
On the serious side, you are more than enough lady to have an influence on those boys. You are a wonderful mother, and love them so much!
I was sort of hoping for a girl.... but if your new baby is as cute as Seth and Isaac, I think that we will be just fine with all of your little Hatch boys!!!
Hey Beauty Queen, I think this may come up as Molly but it is not - it is your sister. But you knew that because you are MY "Beauty Queen." I won't mention how long I cried just to find out that my number 5 was on the way (silly silly me). Then my hope of hopes was to have a little boy for my Gabriel. As Heavenly Father would have it however we got HANNAH! Yea us! And yea you! A Beauty Queen must have her hoard of male admirers! All the girls that could have come down were just too intimidated by their in house competition!! But he will be all your hearts desires! This mom of girls says "Thank You!" to all moms who are raising righteous priesthood holders - my daughters need them. I love you Jen-en! Truth be told I wanted a little girl for you too but am truly thankful for a healthy little man!
Jen I am with the others. As a mother of four little girls...I am hoping for some good little boys to be raised out there and I know that there is no better mother than you. You are amazing! Congratulations!!!
Jenny!!! I am so excited that you are having another little boy!!! I would love to have three boys. Hopefully, when Nestor and I catch up we can have some amazing 3 on 3 basketball games at your house like the old days!!!
Oh!!! I'm so happy for you, Jenny Beth. You deserve only the best life has to offer...and so I know He sends you the best little ones there are....
Love you so much!
So happy I cried for you!
...and as always - you never cease to amaze me with your prospective.
You're a great mom Hermanita! Think Stripling Warriors...!
I didn't even know you were pregnant! So, so happy for another little Hatch boy. You guys make 'em awfully cute!
Hey! Congratulations! I think your little boy is going to LOVE being in your family. Just think, when they all get married, you'll have 3 fun girls to hang out with! I do have to admit that little girl clothes and hair bows are soo cute! But, girls get older. Now Alyiva won't let me touch her hair and she's so picky about her clothes. Our styles aren't the same. Never foresaw that one.
I hope you're feeling well. We'll have to have a Quantico Reunion sometime and get everyone together.
Tell your family hi from the Ferrels!
Hi!! All this time I read Kari's blog and never did realize you are on her list. Had to just say Hi to you and let you know I snuck into your life!!!! This is a great way to keep up on those friends far away and long time not seeing. Congrats on baby No. 3. That was news to us...I'll tell Angela...she'll tell you No. 4 is the charm. Love you and your family. Treasa Perkins
Post a Comment