Brigham was the name of our dog when I was in highschool/college. I wasn't a particular fan, BUT I hopped the back fence every midday and fed us both lunch. He loved me, not as much as he loved Andrew, but he did love me. When I came home from BYU, Brigham was my best greeter. He jumped so high I could see his mussel in the top glass part of our door even before I got out of the car. Then he would go nuts running around, back and forth, and jump up and down. Made me feel like a million bucks. He was an amazing welcomer.
Eric is not much of a dog lover, but I don't think he is missing out on being welcomed home with gusto. Tonight, as I tucked Isaac into bed I asked him what was the best part of his day. He replied, "When dad came home." Seth liked the tractors but that's beside the point.
I love this series of pictures taken a little over a month ago:
Just hangin' out, oblivious to the excitement that is about to hit. Except, can you see the direction Seth is looking?
Seth saw Eric first and obviously got a head start. Eric, in the far distance, is as happy to see them as they are to see him, I guarantee it, though he didn't run.
Isaac sees his papa and turns into an olympian runner.
Seth gets full marks for his running tenacity.
If Eric didn't scoop them up in his arms, I think they would just jump in them anyway...or maybe they would tackle him. Good scooping, honey.

11 comments:
Loved this post! I absolutely love to hear my kids squeal with joy when they hear the door open and know their daddy is home. It's the cutest thing on the planet and puts a HUGE smile on my face every time. Of course I'm as excited as they are that he's home. ;-)
Jenny, love you and thinking of you! Hope you are surviving the last few weeks of pregnancy. Hugs!
LOOOOVED this Jenny Beth.
And I sure love you, lots.
And I love that you have such a great husband and that he loves you and takes care of you and your little family.
:)
Ahhh, cute Brigham. He didn't like me much. I think this is the cutest thing on the planet. I feel that way when I have been gone and the only thing those kids wnat to do is jump on me! Lucky Eric to have such an adorable wife and 2 1/2 cute boys!!!
So cute...and I love that you captured it on camera. Go Jenny!
We love you!
What a memorable moment captured! Good job photographer mommy! Gotta love that time of day! Thank-goodness for Daddy's that come home at dinner time...I think I'd be insane without it!
Super cute!! Love the all the pictures! Hope you guys are all doing fabulous!
I loved this! And call me crazy but I can SEE the humidity in the air...oh the east coast...
remember when I watched Brigham die like 5 times and then gasp back to life...yet he still managed to run around the room when someone came to the door 5 min later! I loved this little series of pictures, what a tender moment and a great snapshot of the simple but best moments in life. I miss you.
This brought tears. Kids are the best! Hope you are feeling well. Love ya!
So cute!! Great post! I love when they get excited to see their daddy! Charlotte screams really loudly. She also screams really loudly when Lane comes home from school, or when we pick her up from nursery. After she screams in nursery, she puts her finger to her lips and says, "inside voices please," :) I need to come see you soon!!
Fun to catch up!
Post a Comment