Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Portraits of Benjamin

Once at a Hatch family reunion, or maybe it was Christmas, someone said something like "It's time to eat again? It feels like we just ate." That is when Katie or Amy or Eric coined the phrase, "Food is a core Hatch family value." This family signature is followed closely by the fact that everyone carries a camera around and uses it. I am a Hatch, so I keep my camera handy. Benjamin is a Hatch, so he eats all the time.

4 weeks into life....and already he is weary of his paparazzi mama.
(content sigh)
I LOVE baby toes. Love them. Today I said, "Mmmmm. I love your toes so much I could eat 'em." Isaac overheard me and quickly came to Benjamin's defense, "Mom, dont eat Benjamin's toes. That could make him cry."
Cowlicks are rampant in our household and Benjamin is no exception. Actually, this is just his hair that dried at an odd angle, but he has two hum-dingers in the back. Oi.
Another LOVE, that little mouth which is "drawn up like a bow." So tiny. It's about the size of an average cherrio.
(can you see the brother's cowlicks) Brotherly love is strong with these little men.
This daddy could not be happier.
Hmmm...I'd like to know what he is thinking about.
Grandma has a special knack for keeping Benjamin happy. They like each other.

Sometimes people say something to you and it resonates with you.  The little lactation specialist with the charming accent, maybe british, said:
"When you hold him against your heart, you reassure him
'You're back home. You're safe.  You're with someone who loves you.'"

She taught me that as a gerneral rule 6 hours from when I eat to when my baby gets what I am eating.

Lastly she recommended a book how to talk so your kids will listen and listen so  kids will talk.

8 comments:

Gaylene said...

Hey Hatches--he is very hansome indeed. He is so adorable and he looked like Seth in one picture and then he looked like Isaac in another. So I guess he looks like Benjamin. Good Job. Aunt Trina asked about you today and now I can steal a picture and send it off to her. Great job, as always and my he has very cute grandmas too!

The Thackers said...

Jenny, he is so so cute! Thanks for posting pictures. I've been dying to get a look at this little boy! Hope you are doing okay. Glad to see your mom is there for a visit.

Anonymous said...

Jenny- he is so precious!!! I am so very sad that I have to wait 4 1/2 more months until I can meet him and see the rest of your cute family! I miss you and hope you all are doing well. Love you!

Tolberts in Motion said...

He is so precious! What a wonderful family! We are so happy for you guys and I am with you on baby toes. Thinking of you guys often.

Rachel Free said...

Well he's officially a cutie! No surprise there =) I vote you keep 'im =)

Whitney said...

Benjamin is so adorable!!! I'm glad you guys are home and enjoying him! Such cute pictures!!

Catharine said...

He is one super cutie. Not that I'm surprised. You make darn cute babies. Just have to say, that one look (the one with the mouth drawn up like a bow) is the perfect Blue Steel from Zoolander. That picture made my night. Catharine : )

Corinn and Trent Seely said...

Thanks for posting these pics of your new little guy. Very cute and certainly memories to look back on. Can't wait to meet him sometime soon!