Sunday, March 27, 2011

I'm going to Carolina in my mind...






We LOVE it when our children chant, "Screech! Screech! We're going to the BEACH!" and indeed we are.

Outer Banks, North Carolina is our favorite family tradition.

We LOVE it!

And I am pretty sure it loves us also. It was sunny and beautiful and perfect 5 out of the 8 days we were there. My Benjamin got his first sun burn. Boy howdy did I feel like a looser. Isaac got burned also, but his skin has seen the sun before. Plus I think it made him look even cuter. I LOVE rosey, sun-kissed cheeks. Eric came up with a plan to retire in the Outer Banks, and I sully support his plan. The beach was perfect. It's ALWAYS perfect, even when it is over cast, it's perfect. Maybe it's my favorite creation. Actually (by the way Seth says that word in proper context all the time now. It makes me giggle)...and now I cant remember what I was going to write, but I am leaving it in so I remember that about Seth.


So we played on the beach,

Sophie Kate and I swung in "our" hamock swing,

we went to the aquarium,

Luke, Isaac, and Seth took 4 one-hour baths,

we played on the beach,

we saw dolphins,

we ate dinner out-side on the porch,

we played on the beach,

we went to Grave Digger's dungeon (drats that they werent giving rides yet),

we watched a movie,

B "cleaned" our teeth (LaUgHEd while he gave me a shot, and I watched the shot bob up and down in rythynm with his chuckles),

we went swimming in the pool,

oh yea...we played on the beach.


The company was perfect. We like Benj, Carly, Olivia, Luke, Sophie Kate, and sweet Gracie Mae A LOT. And the food was perfect. I want every recipe that little Chef Carly whipped up. Yum-my. (And next time I wont bring a Costco box of candy bars, nor cookies, and cake., and nutter butters, and soda, and rice krispie treats...well maybe rice krispie treats. Promise.)







No comments: