Sunday, August 18, 2013

Seth is 5!!!

Seth says funny stuff.  Like a couple days ago at dinner he grabbed our attention with a line he uses often.  "Hey guys!  I have a great idea!"  Once he had established that we were all ears, "We should have a new last name!  IT'S (pause for affect)  NINJAGO!"

At five Seth loves: dancing to the chipmunk movies sound tracks, playing the wii especially Mario, jumping on the tramp, waffles and sausage, being home, sneaking into our bed at night, Calvin and Hobbes, riding his balance bike (it's taken awhile), forts, making people laugh, sitting on my lap during primary, swimming on his front not his back, babies, singing the primary songs, saying prayers in primary-he always volunteers, ham & cheese sandwiches not P&B, wrestling with his brothers, dress-up costumes especially Robin and also Dash, ring pops, books, movie parties with popcorn, snuggling.

I just read the above to him and said, "Is there anything else?'  He said, "Taking naps" and not a moment late says, "Kidding."

Seth is a smarty.  He is reading, his penmanship is very clear, he does simple math, and he just gets stuff.  (The last part of the last sentence would be an indicator that Seth inherited his papa's intelligence gene, and not his mama's, thank heavens.)   Whoever are his guardian angels, they are lucky.  I love listening to Seth pray.  He says mostly "Thank Thee" prayers, and it covers all the bases.  After saying thanks that the missionaries could come for dinner, or thanks for our family, he will say something like, "Thank Thee that the missionaries will get home safely." Or  "Thank Thee that we will have a good time tomorrow." He loves Heavenly Father and he follows Jesus' example.

I taught his sunbeam class today.  We were speaking of homes, and I was showed a picture of Nephi's family on the boat and asked them children who was pictured.  Seth said, "Nephi."  His Sunbeam teachers told me in the past that without Seth they would be in trouble, he knows all the answers.  Anyway, I asked who his father was and Seth said "Lehi.  And Sariah was his mother."

He gets a little glint, like a serious glint, and he laughs and laughs at himself.  I usually join in his laughter because it is contagious.

Sweet Seth, you absolutely love life.  And we love life more with you in it.  You make everything more fun and happy.  HAPPY  5th BIRTHDAY Sethy boy!



4 comments:

Christy said...

Those pictures are worth a million words. BUT....I loved your list of Seth's favorite things. He, certainly, is one of my favorite things!

Carol said...

Happy Birthday Seth! We love you! (and I loved this post...it helped me to get to know you better...what fun!)

Henning said...

Congrats to a lovely and funny boy. Both Daniel and Laura says hi and we look forward to spending more time with Seth - and his family... ;-)

karen louise said...

What an amazing little boy you have. And the non-stop giggling I think he gets from you! :)