Thursday, March 6, 2014

Second star to the right

Benjamin is pretty infatuated with Peter Pan and all things related.

"Isaac's a lost boy.  (after thought) And a blockhead." 
When Peter comes back to find that the lost boys have attacked Wendy he says, (click on the play button.)

"My Tink likes you but you're a big ugly girl."

Me: Benjamin, put your coat on.  We need to go.
Benjamin: I'm not Benjamin.  I'm Peter.

Me: Hey Benj, do you need to go potty?
Benjamin:  My name's not Benj.  It's Peter.  Yeah, I gotta go potty.

Benjamin:  Hey Wendy, is this a ham samwhich?
Me:  Yep.  And if you eat it all up, Benjamin, you can have a cookie.
Benjamin:  My name is Peter.

He didn't call me mom (or mother which is his usual), for two months. Just Wendy.  Poor fellow sorta looks like he needs a mother.  Bust his let him dress himself, and he feels big and independent because of it.


2 comments:

katie said...

Peter Pan is my all time favorite Disney movie, too, Benj!

Christy said...

Do you remember when Candice Ogden was April. Can't remember who she dubbed you and Andy...I just know it was one of the Ninja Turtles. In the meantime, Wendy, you sure have a cute crew.