A couple days ago I was driving the little gents to school. When we leave the property, we have to open the back gate with a fob. My fob batteries have been running low and therefore I can not always get the gate to open. We were running a little late this particular morning, and I kept pressing the button in hopes that some residual energy might kick in. I pushed that button several times and then, low and behold, the gate opened up. Whew. I was so relieved. It entered my mind to ask if anyone had prayed, and Isaac said "Yeah. I did." The little guy just knows who to turn to. He is often times my teacher and an example to me, his mom.
He invited several friends to his baptism. Including our friends from the ward we had about 60 people at his baptism. Some members of our church, several non-members. The Elders interpreted English into French for some investigators...it added a lot more time. I guess that doesn't matter as much as the fact the spirit was certainly present. I am so pleased to be his mommy.
Isaac and Grandpa
We made little donut bags that looked like the #8 and delivered them to Isaac's class the day before his actual birthday.
Isaac has come a loooong way in 8 short years. He is a good boy. A really good boy. He is nice to little people. He can keep a secret. His eyes twinkle when he plays a practical joke on someone. He laughs easily. He loves trees...and swings that are connected to them. He loves baseball, friends, and being outside. He loves Wednesdays because he doesn't have any homework. He will eat, or at least try, anything, and when he doesn't like it he says, "I'm not really a fan." He can be reasoned with. His imagination is freakin' awesome. He likes to draw army tanks and missiles. He loves to play mine craft. He is honest. He likes to snuggle with me at night, it's when we have our best chats. He is one of the greatest blessings in my life. My love for him runs deep.
Grandma Honey Heart gave all the fellas beautiful ties. Eric loaned his dad a yellow tie so Ken could be "matchy matchy." Eric loves matching...a lot. :)
It was special to have Isaac choose to be baptized on his birthday.
He received the most important gift of his life time on this special day.
Note to Isaac: I hope and pray that you will always remember that the gift of the Holy Ghost is the most important thing to keep with you. You KNOW how the influence of the Holy Ghost feels. Follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost and you will certainly return with honor to our Heavenly Father. That is the whole purpose of your life and also of Jesus'.
Note to Isaac: I hope and pray that you will always remember that the gift of the Holy Ghost is the most important thing to keep with you. You KNOW how the influence of the Holy Ghost feels. Follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost and you will certainly return with honor to our Heavenly Father. That is the whole purpose of your life and also of Jesus'.
Some of the people who stood in his confirmation circle were: his dad, grandpa, Bastian Volz, Matt Curtis, Francesco De Lillo, President Orsini, and a couple of our young single adults.
Isaac has been carrying his papa's scriptures to church for several months. Grandpa and Grandma Hatch gave him a beautiful set of scriptures. He loves them. He worked at reading the whole Book of Mormon before he was baptized. He did not finish but he has read diligently. We will keep at it.


3 comments:
Congratulations Isaac! It looks like a wonderful day, and I know you're a fantastic boy!
Oh my goodness what a handsome boy!! So proud of him! I love it. Your family is so cute, I can't even take it! Love you guys!
I am slow to respond, but am quick to recognize a wonderful blog when I read it. Thanks Jenny. You keep those far-a-way bodies close to my heart. I appreciate all of the pictures. They and you make my heart happy and you somehow seem closer in space. I love you. You are a select and wonderful mother. If I wern't yours, I would choose you to be mine.
Post a Comment