After Italy, we decided to keep it closer to home.
We went into Brussels,
ate Neuhaus...of course
Reed became one with the locals, seriously, EVERYONE is this kid's friend,
Tiers bought some hoity-toity macaroons,
we ate at our favoirte frit place,
and passed by le Petit Julien.
The next day we went to beautiful Ghent. Love this city.
Who is this dude?
And who is THAT dude right in the middle of things?
A little boy and a little door (that sounds like a book title, eh?)
Love the stepped-gable roofs in Belgium. They are very old-school charming.
Achen was next on the list. Though this is not your typical Achen picure, I do think Tierney looks like she belongs in Time magazine in this picture, and hence this became the Achen picture.
We went on October 3, which is a holiday in Germany for the reunification of Western and Eastern Germany. So mostly everything (but the cool stuff) was closed.
Benjamin loved this air vent.
Mmm maybe this is the church where Charlemagne...mmm ruled? for a time...and maybe he was burried here. Um, you can google it.
Benjamin loves dogs, and I love his dimple.
This is one of the coolest fountains I have ever seen. It has movable parts and is intended to be touched and manipulated.
I am a sucker for street performers.
Tierney introduced us to Spaghetti Ice. Mmmm
It may look savory but really it is sweet; vanilla icecream, strawberry sauce, and grated white chocolate flakes. Mmm-mmm-good.
We took a few pictures...and one day (probably in the very far distance) Andrew will thank me.
And we gorged ourselves at the Neuhaus outlet store. I dont think A and Tiers believed me when I said you have a bit and then throw the rest away.
And they all lived happily ever after. THE END










3 comments:
Love, Love, Love It! I want to come back now that I've read it. Thanks for such a wonderful time with the greatest of people! I look forward to taking more trips with you and your 'gents.'
You updated your blog! We wish we were there traveling with you too...and going to neuhaus.
I am not Lacey but it will come up as such because that is what came up when I went to your blog. So when my Beautiful Gent popped up I decided a good cry was in order. Okay maybe there was no thought at all as tear poured down my cheeks but I still had a good cry! It makes me all the more thankful for a place called Georgia and Cusco! I did like the pictures more because some of my most cherished people were in them!
Post a Comment