Monday, May 4, 2015

The boy said...

One of my favorite...mmm...traditions? that I do with my boys usually happens when they are lying down for the night.  They beg for stories, and their favorite ones are about themselves.  Most of the following are car comments.

May 2014
In cub scouts Isaac made me a potted plant and delivered it to me early because I was going to be gone.  He handed it to me, gave me a big bear hug and said, "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!"  Benj saw the scene ad delighted in the greeting and good feelings happening and wanted to be part of the action.  He hugged Isaac around the waist, "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY ISAAC!"   "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY DAD!"

May 2014
Seth just finished saying family prayer before I left for Italy.  We said amen and Benj said, "We have a forcefield.  Mommy, we have protection."  "We do?" "Yeah, we have protection cause we have a forcefield."
Oh little buddy, how right you are.  A forcefield that is better and more powerful than any Jedi forcefield, because we are Heavenly Father's greatest work and glory.

May 2014
(Past History) Last march he had lotsa visitors for Isaac's baptism.  In May, Eric and Benj were dropping me off at the airport for my girls trip to Italy.  Benj said in a sing song voice, "We are at the airrrrporrrt." (pause) "...where my grandma liiiives."

July 2014
I was going to dinner with a couple of girlfriends.  No big deal.  I had already made my good-bye rounds and was headed to the door.  Benj and Seth ran to me through their arms around my legs, and said, " I LOVE YOU!  I am going to miss you SO much."  Golly gee wiz.  Make a girl feel loved.  I almost skipped out on dinner.

Oct 2014
We were at a German pit stop to use the WC.  The ladies' restroom line was as looooong as the girls' restrooms at a BYU football game so they gents had to wait awhile.  When I returned to the car Seth was singing "When Joseph went to Bethlehem" but it wasn't quire the same.   So I asked, "What are you singing?" Eric is the one who responded with a smile, "Oh, they have been making up new words to 'When Joseph went to Bethlehem.'  Isaac said something about Joseph asking Mary how she was doing."  I got a warm fuzzy feeling thinking we might be doing right by our boys.  THEN Benj was singing to the same tune when I heard ".... someone stealing the baby Jesus."   Aaaaand the feeling like we were doing okay went right out the window.

Incidentally, it was on that same trip when my boys wanted to climb a lookout hill (rest stops have them periodically).  We shoulda had them do their business first, instead three little American boys peed as far as they could off the hill.  Ugh.

Dec 2014
We had just had the best Christmas adventure of our lives.  Couldn't possibly want for anything more.  So I got a little tight (upsetish) when Isaac made a request.
Isaac:  Next year for Christmas, can you get me a sister?"
Mom:  YES!

April 2015
Seth:  I hope the Easter Bunny gives me a 3DS.
Isaac: (Slightly indignant) 3DSs dont fit in eggs.

April 2015
Mason (Isaac'a friend): I have never seen a trampoline this big before INside.
Isaac:  Welcome to the Hatch family.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

"where my grandma lives" bahahahahaha!