Normandy American Cemetary
Our little Normandy Villa
Longues Sur Mer
Omaha Beach
Blueberry Grandpa was remembered on the Normandy coast. I thought of him as our boys ran around with arms out stretched for airplane wings. He told me a few times of his training during WWII. He volunteered for the airforce. He, along with several other young me,n were to be trained to fly. His commander told him, "Hunt, it's easy. Just like driving a car." He always told this part with a big grin on his face, "But sir, I have never driven a car." That laid his teacher flat. Grandpa said the trainer dude told him that he was going to be the first one up, "And I was."
Sainte-Mère-Église, one of our favorite towns in all of France. I always feel at home in this little church. Can you see the paratrooper on the edge of the steeple there? The man's name was John Steele. He hung there for two hours before he was taken prisoner and he lived to tell about it. This was one of the first towns that was liberated during D-Day operations. Americans are welcomed and loved even now in this charming town.
The fellas played while everyone else cleaned up.
I did the most expensive load of laundry ever! 9€!!!

2 comments:
We never ate the macaroons we bought in Sainte-Mère-Église, and they didn't make it to the states.... So you should probably search your house- maybe the fridge?
Jenny, today for whatever reason I went to your blog. I haven't been here for months. I LOVED every picture, every word, every memory. What an amazing life you, Eric, and your boys live. I love living it vicariously through your blog. I love you so much, my little Jenny. My heart aches to see you again.
Post a Comment