Happy Birthday Isaac! It was a scant 2 yrs ago that we welcomed Isaac into the world, and we have been happily engaged ever since!
To celebrate we went to a park that had a mini train and carousel. Our friends the Marchants and Ringels joined us for the festivities. Isaac liked the train a lot...but he also liked running around with other little people and the National ball his papa gave him for his birthday.
We completed his train cake at 12:30 am the night before…my kitchen counters are still pretty frosting colors, that stuff is potent. And the truth is Isaac wouldn't have cared less if it had been store bought.
For lunch we had Isaac favorites: red grapes, cheese, juice, Sun Chips, carrots (which he usually just sucks on), and sandwiches. He had a great time with his little friends! Dig in, little man!
Zach, Emma, and Isaac enjoying the fruits of my labor.
Isaac and Papa (Isaac wasn't a fan the first time around-cold and windy. Usually this elicits squeels of laughter.)
Isaac, Xander, and Andrew (below) Get Isaac with other little people and he is thoroughly entertained.
Isaac on the "choo-choo!"That evening Isaac opened his presents, the second one of which was a car garage with a ramp from his Grandma and Grandpa Hatch. Isaac thought it was the coolest thing on the planet, and declined opening any more presents, until Eric forced him to. Isn’t that a little bit like us making him eat desert before his dinner? Well, in any event, every toy he received or already owned went down the ramp.
And in conclusion, let it be known that TRAINS, CARS, and BALLS are all 2 year old Isaac needs to be perfectly happy.

6 comments:
Oh my gosh, Jenny! How great to see you & your cute family! Wow! Darling Isaac!! Are you living in the area now? I am looking forward to reading more on you blog & catching up. :)
Happy Birthday, Isaac! How fun! And that cake is AMAZING!!! I am really impressed. Lane's are usually store-bought. You guys look so great!
Hello Supermom! That cake is adorable, I have trouble remembering to let the cake cool before frosting it, I am extrememly impressed! I love to see your family, Ben and I can't get over how cute Issac is...you and Eric too!
Wow, Jenny... I am totally impressed by that amazing cake! You should teach classes! Can you believe all these little boys are now two? I can't! Donovan is totally into choo-choos as well, we should go ride the metro sometime with them together!
Tiffany
nice train J
That's what I like to see...Eric wearing Y gear! He better not sport any UW gear when the coogs visit Washington!
Post a Comment