Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Isaac is proud to announce...

Perhaps it is a concious decision if you want a baby or not. But I don't think you ever make a concious decision whether you want a baby boy or babygirl; it's not like you sit down and have a "planning" session with your honey to decide what you are cheering for. It just sort of happens, you sort of sway one way or the other. Often I hear, "I don't care if it's a boy or girl, I just want a healthy baby." Hmm-how noble of some women. I like Isaac A LOT. And I sort of wished for a little bro for my little man. Not necessarily because I thought a little brother would be a better friend than a little sister. I have two younger brothers who are all boy and I wouldn't trade them for five sisters. I adore them. My decision came from experience...we've done alright with with one little fellow, we should be able to do alright with another. Plus Eric thinks males are the superior gender and I want whatever makes him happiest. (Are you reading this Eric? It's just that most of Eric's free time activities are scheduled around males, and he would rather do yard work than watch a women's team. Huh, Eric?)

Can we do girly? Many of my favorite women in the world have wished it on me: my mom, Kelly (my only sister), and even my dearest friend (who is very girly) Anna. "I hope you get a girl" they said. Before my mother even new we were expecting she told me she was praying for me to get a girl, and when Christy prays, the heavens move. And I will tell you truthfully that I DO WANT A GIRL! I like girls. Girls are great... I don't care what I get I just want a healthy baby.

So that brings us to my doctors visit. We did a sonogram in his office and when I inquired what exactly he was looking at, he told me he was trying to see if he could discover the gender.
Isaac is going to get a little brother! I like boys. Boys are great...I don't care what I get, I just want a healthy baby.

13 comments:

Mom said...

Okay Jenny, your spongey, spongey soaked the whole thing in! I was thinking, "but she told me she was having a boy!" I was even buying blue material for a cute "BOY" baby receiving blanket. You are a funny, funny girl, Jenny Betty! I laughed my guts out! I haven't been April Fooled so good since my daddy put a beautifully wrapped package on the end of my bed for when I woke up. It said To Christy From Dad. Inside was a wet teabag!!!!!!!!! And a big "April Fool" on a card. I was 8 or 9 and we were living in Ohio. I love you, I love you. Thanks for the fun. Your Mom

The Thackers said...

Jenny, Ooooohhhhh....Congrats! I am so excited for you and Eric and especially for Isaac! I love your blog...thanks for keeping us in the loop! Love you...~The Thackers :-)

Unknown said...

With Isaac so cute, you'd have to want another little boy. But a little girl would be cute too (Like Jenny and Eric could have anything other than a cute kid).

Either one will be a lucky child to have such a great family waiting for them. LOL -- katherine at the uspto

Unknown said...

Jenny can I tell you how much Katie and I miss you guys!! Great April Fools by the way, loved it. Now that we know where you live on the web you won't be able to hide. Did you know that Katie and I had a little girl in January?? We named her Emma Claire. (we can't decide if we should call her e-claire for fun). Anyways, you guys are great.

Chad and Katie

Unknown said...

OK, so I am so happy to come and see your blog! I wish I would have known about it sooner! And, I feel like a real idiot because until today, I had no idea you were even pregnant! So much for the Potter express! I guess I am too far out of the loop! Hooray for the boy! That was really a great April fool's day gag! London looked like a ton of fun! You look great!!!

Mother 25 - 8 said...

OK, so this is the first time I was made aware of your blog AND THAT YOU GUYS ARE EXPECTING!! HAD NO IDEA! Congrats Jenny!! Isaac is so dang cute!

Anna said...

Jenny-eny-dots!  You little stinker!  I was jumping for joy and was about to call you at 11:45PM (Utah time) only to scroll down to see your funny little April Fool's Joke!  You kill me!  You are such the grand master tricker teaser!  LOL!  I miss you loads!  Hope that all is well!  Congrats on your baby boy...hope he likes his name, "Anna Hatch", since he came in his sister's place.  I think our baby girls are just hanging out not wanting to leave each other like we were!  Love you! ~Annie

DanaLee said...

Jenny Beth,
Sweets!! I am so glad to hear from you and to be able to see picts to boot!!! I LOVE that little guy you have running around your feets! I wish I could see him in person. I have a blog too check it out www.danaadventures.blogspot.com MIss you soo so much,
danalee

my family said...

Congratulations!! Two boys are sooo busy, I have a little experience, but they are a lot of fun! Brian and I are very excited for you!

ali.j said...

Jenny Hatch you are so adorable! This is your old friend alison from dr. holzman's office and I could not be more excited for you to be having another little baby! I still smile every time I think of our fun times together and you may not know how much, but you meant a lot to me. Congratulations a million times over! Ps. your hair looks way cute in that top photo. just thought you should know.

Jenny Hatch said...

Thanks all, and I have to applaud my mom (top comment). It was huge for her to figure out how to leave a comment. WAY TO GO MOM! (she was proud of herself too, I can gaurantee it.)

your fat friend,
Jenny

Deb said...

Jenny Hatch! I had no idea you were expecting. Hmmm - so many questions. Well, congratulations! When are you due?

karen louise said...

CONGRATS Jenny & Eric!!! Gosh--I'm so excited for your little family :) Miss you guys!