Thursday, May 1, 2008

Toi-let or not toi-let

I made Eric swear that he would not breath a word of this to anyone, especially not our contractor, and here I am blogging about it.
So this is what went down, or rather what DIDN'T go down. We hired a very nice gentleman to make a half bath into a full bath. He has done a good job and we think he has done the work at a very good deal for us. It has taken longer than any of us thought, so today when he installed the vanity and toilet I was super excited. Now I don't no why I am still a seven year old when it comes to being "the first one to use..." item X but I am totally seven. Eric came home from work and Paul was still working on things, they chatted awhile and then Paul left. After dinner Eric went to the regular bathroom and I thought "Yipee, I'm gonna be first to use the new facilities." And I was the first to use it, but as Eric liked pointing out, "You were first to use the toilet Jenny, but I'm gonna be first to use it and flush it!" Ha ha, not so funny. My heart just dropped when I flushed and I didn't hear the regular slushing of water. So I flushed again, but nothing. I peered into the tank and it was empty, dry as a bone. Oh no, no, no. There was water in the bowl, so I was confused but then Eric was kind enough to tell me what he and Paul were talking about. Paul needed an extra pipe, and filled the bowl to keep sewer smells from seeping into our new bathroom. Take it from me to always flush first when you are trying a new toilet. Somebody is bound to thank me for that one day. t

6 comments:

andersenclan said...

This is Michelle (Young) Andersen. I went to high school with Eric. I talked to Nicole and found out you are in D.C. Our temple district is D.C. and next time we come, we would love to stop by and say hello. My email is, mandersen77@yahoo.com. Let me know if that works for you.

karen louise said...

Jennybeth...ha! This post made me giggle out loud! You are so funny :). It sounds kind of like me when I used a ton of toilet paper in a chinese toilet the first time in Taiwan and realized it wouldn't flush...whatdoya do.... Gosh Jen, it's been so long since we've seen eachother, and yet I read a few lines from you and just feel like it's only been a minute! I miss you! Thanks for being such a good friend to me...always...

Erin said...

Hahaha! I love that this blog just sounds like you! I miss you lots, missy. Why is it that we live so far away from each other??
Btw, Isaac is soo freaking cute!

Jana said...

AAhh! I can't believe it! I would have died! Atleast the plumber wasn't there at the time. Fun to read your blog, you're too cute!

andrewcolton said...

you would.....

andrewcolton said...

oh, and I'm still in stitches about it