Thursday, May 7, 2009

My shining prince

Lasterday (that is how Isaac says yesterday) I was going through a box of pictures and found some wedding photos. Isaac saw them and with true wonder and excitement he exclaimed, "Mama, you a princess!"

He said it like it was a positive thing which sorta suprised me because the day before I heard him sing this little ditty which he made up to the tune of "Once There Was a Snow Man"

I am not a princess, princess, princess
I am not a princess; tall, tall, tall.
(repeated 7 or 20 times)

At night Isaac invites me to "sleep with [him] for two minutes." I love this part of our day. Recently our conversations went like this:
Mom: Do you want me to sing you a song?
I: Mmhmm
M: Which one?
I: I'n a Child of God. Dats our FAVorite.

Isaac often comes to our rescue by singing "our FAVorite." Seth is always happy to be serenaded and it works almost 100% of the time. The other day I was rescued by my handsome little prince. I was waxing my legs. Not a pleasant experience and when I pulled the strip off I let out a yelp and boo-hooed. Isaac heard my distress and came running, stopped promptly at the door and sang, "I am a Child of God..." Did it stop my cries? You betcha it did. Perhaps I bit my tongue so hard it bled but that is entirely besides the point.

When it comes to rescuers, Isaac is an expert. The other day I was talking to Eric and said, "I'm scared."

Isaac overheard me and said, "Mama, you not scared. Hea'nly Father and Jesus will help you."
I wanted him to repeat it, so I asked, "Who will help me?"
"Jesus." It was absolute knowledge.

Eric didn't think this story was funny, but I laughed so hard I almost choked. We took Isaac and Seth to Chucky Cheese's a few months ago, and got one of those cheap little photos. When we got in the car I put the picture in the glove compartment and had forgotten about it until Isaac found it a couple of days ago. "Look mom! I found this! I went to Chucky Jesus!" So so close yet so far away.

6 comments:

The Lassen Family said...

I think it's funny!! Them walla walla boys aint got no humor when it comes to "sacrilig" stuff :) But we love them even more for it, right? (Dani--Steve Lassen's wife)

michelle keisel said...

That is funny! I think it is great that Jesus is such a normal part of his vocabulary. You are teaching him right. Your awesome Jenny

Allison said...

Thanks for bringing a smile to my face. I also got a big chuckle out of Chucky Jesus. So cute!

Ben & Carly said...

oh I like that boy a lot, he's awful cute. A girl like you deserves more than one prince in her life. I'm glad your so well taken care of. Is it weird I feel a sense of pride because your boys are so cute? nah, it feels good to have a family your smitten with. love ya Carly

Gaylene said...

So, So funny, but then remember Eric doesn't have that Syndergaard-Colton-Hansen Humor. But we will forgive him. It's not his fault. I think it is funny when little kids say stuff like this. It just adds to our day. Austin is always the first to say something funny and we laugh even when we shouldn't.

karen louise said...

Darn darn cute!! I think that's why we have these little ones...to put humor and just plain cuteness in the world.