Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas 2010

Christmas is full of all the things I love best: family, Jesus, music, kindness, chocolate, purpose.

The two contemporary shepherd boys belong to us. Dear shepherd boys get Luke 2:15-17 in your hearts. Always go with haste to find the Savior and then make the goodness He shares with you known to others just like the shepherds of old.

  • Isaac, you were our Shepherd boy. You are acquainted with The Good Shepherd. He will use you to help feed His other sheep. Stay so close to Him and help Him keep his flock safe.
  • Seth, you were Joseph. You, naturally, did a fantastic job of loving the baby Jesus. You are full of love, dear Seth. Always always love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul and with all thy mind.
  • Benjamin, you silently played the central roll of the Christ child. Follow His example and be a beacon for others to follow, that they may come to Him whose part you played.

So our creche scene wasn't super duper spiritual. In fact Jospeh got tired of his headdress and left after Mary made him stop petting Jesus' hair, or maybe he just got bored. He came back for a quick picture but couldn't be convinced to put the gear back on.

There has been a truer sense of the meaning of Christmas in our home. It's because of our sweet Baby Benjamin. There is just something about a baby boy this time of year that helps elicite thoughts of the first Christmas and the one who gives it all meaning. I have thought of Mary and wonder how she mothered her sweet baby and perfect Saviour. How she must have loved her baby. Did she kiss his cheek and then kiss it again and then again? I love Joseph. At marvel at the magnitude he must have felt for his responsibility.
For Christmas this year my mom gave us the Little People Nativity. When we opened the box we couldnt find the Baby Jesus ANY WHERE. No Baby Jeus at the Christmas scene? Hmmm. We searched and found the central figure. A day or two later I noticed how Isaac set the scene. Everyone was facing Jesus, even the animals. In that simple act, Isaac , you showed your understanding of the way it should be, not only at Christmas but daily, looking toward the Saviour, making him the focal point of our lives.

Merry Christmas!

9 comments:

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Isaac's haircut makes him look so grown up! And you look super cute. Oh, maybe I should post something more in tune with the theme of your post :) Hope to see you guys soon!

michelle keisel said...

Jenny, you are amazing as always. Great post. As a side note, I love your hair! You look great with bangs. Not many people can say that. :)

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Hermanita...this is why I love you so.

You were an amazing missionary - but I can tell you're an even better mom. Yay for the gospel.

:)

thelady said...

Dearest Jenny,
You are a bright spot of sunshine! Thanks for letting me keep on your world through your blog. I love you!

Leslie Ure Baxter

Unknown said...

Oh, sweetest of sweet! I love your reenactment! Isn't that how it usually is? You are trying so hard to get everyone to get really into it but some wander off? I think they will get it in a little while. Having a sweet baby boy is very special at Christmas time. I have been thinking of Mary, too. What a wonderful example and great responsibility! You are such a wonderful mother. Merry Christmas to you!

The Thackers said...

I love and admire you so much, Jenni. Wish we could see you guys more often!

Great family picture! I like your haircut. You "do" bangs well. :-)

Ben & Carly said...

I adore you....more and more with every word....am I really lucky enough to get to call you sister...why by golly I am! my little heart beats to think of spending a whole week with you and your crew at the ocean!!!!! it gets me through my mondays!!

1 of the Grandmas said...

Hey congrats on baby No. 3. Ive always thought is was cute when people could say "My Three Sons", but you are probably way too young to know about that series on TV. So fun that you have three different looks. They are all darling. Love, Treasa