Friday, March 9, 2012

He's amore fun than a barrel of monkeys

16 months ago today, Benjamin blessed us with his presence.  Living with this little gent is a riot.  He keeps me on my toes, to be sure.  He has his way of doing things and that it that, NOT easily dissuaded.  (SIDE NOTE:  as I am sitting here typing this Isaac is lying on the couch next to me and says.  "Mom, I'm gonna get baptized in a river."  "Why?" "Cause I want to."  "Okay."  These things are good to know in advance.) 

 At 16 months, Benjamin:
  • is a walker, walker, walker and looks a little wobbly.
  • LOVES to read books, especially Moo, Ba, La La La and From Head to Toe.
  • likes to eat oatmeal, and mixed fruit-bananas, strawberries, and peeled apples,  fruit snacks and he like meat also.
  • when he is hungry he says,"numa numa numa num" and when he wants candy he says the same.
  • LOVES to take baths
  • laughs a sigh of affirmation when asked if he wants a drinka-drink or some food.  When the answer is no he just says it, "noooooooooo."
  • likes to sing along to the rio sound track, "Riiiiii-o, riiiii-o" and "Pop pop a-wow" for "Pop Goes The Weasel."
  • puts hats on all the time, usually backwards.
  • Likes to ride his little winnie the pooh scooter 
  • Says "mommy, mommy, mommy"  whenever he wants ANYTHING.
  • Says "mommy, mommy, mommy" or "mama, mama"  When he wants his mommy.
  • Loves to love his daddy when he comes home from work.
  • Loves to return to his mommy when he is done loving the papa.
  • Loves to be in the middle of things and play with his brothers, even with the little star-war guys.
  • says: owe, yes peas (when encouraged), amen, buh buh (for book), ball, Ooooo Ooo (for thank you), numa numa, bye bye, noooo, (nothing) when asked to say most things, mooo, ba, lalala


When Benjamin hears me open the dishwasher he makes a b-line straight to the kitchen.  He used to take all the silverware and dump them on the ground.  It was a race and when he learned it was futile he decided to "help" me load.  Little rascal.

Rub a dub dub, three men in a tub...
This picture was taken almost exactly a year ago.

He IS a rascal.  We had just taken him out, dried him, diapered him and pajama'ed him, but I guess he wasn't done yet.  He has his way of doing things and that is that.  He just crawled right in.

We are gonna keep him!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Oh Jenny, The picture of Benjamin in the tub, dressed and ready to go happies my heart...as do you! I love life when you are in the blogging mode. Do I need to be by a river this August 8? Just wondering. My insides love you all, my outsides love you all and besides that, I LIKE you as well. And thats all!!!!!!!!! Your Mother

Unknown said...

Benjamin is a darling!! That last picture is so so cute, I love it. I agree with everything your mom said, even the part about the river! If Isaac is going to be baptized in a river, Lane might have to follow suit. Please send an invitation!!