The Grand Place
{Big}
Every two years The Grand Place is a blooming spectacle, they call it the
flower carpet. Even the little gents recognized it's beauty.
{BIGGER}
The whole thing is like a huge floral mosaic.
{BIGGEST}
Brussels town hall
is the icon of the Grand Place and I have long wanted to enter, but it's
actually not just a pretty edifice, it's a working office environment.
BUT, they let nosy tourists into to go to the balcony to view the carpet
from a higher vantage point. It was a-maz-ing. The building
is nearly 600 years old, or at least part of it is. There is a lot of
carved wood, HUGE fireplaces, and lots of red, which reminds me of
my favorite unsinkable Molly Brown.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SETH!!! Seth turned four on August 8. That was the first day we (-Eric) saw the house. We told him he was getting a new house for his birthday. He ate at Pizza Hunt. Dont judge, we were tired, we didn't know the area, we were hungry. He chose a spiderman cake which we ate back at the hotel. I got permission to light the candles in our room because E was paranoid the smoke alarm would go off. We are so grateful Seth is in our family!
Benjamin is our little comic, often times without knowing it. He loves to wear this helmet.
The moving fellows were from Poland and they were AWESOME!!! E tipped 'em good and I was glad he did. They totally deserved it. They set everything up and unpacked in two blinks.
The kitchen...I haven't totally found my rythmn in here yet but I think we'll get there.

5 comments:
Yay!! What an amazing experience to see all of these cool things with your awesome family. Happy Birthday Seth! Love you guys!
Hey sweet Jenny, your Mama here on Ben and Carly's computer. I loved seeing your pictures. Amazing is right!!! I love seeing all of your pictures and I am glad you are back in the blogging grove.
Will is DARLING and CUDDLEY and I want to eat him...Gracie too. The others are busy, precious, and basically have my Grandmother's heart. This heart holds 29 amazing grandchildren and the love I have for each is not divived one whit, I think there must be a Heavenly principle here.
I miss you, Jenny! I think of you often and pray for you always.
More More I want more. This is Carly by the way on Carly's computer! I soaked up every one of these details and it wasn't enough. I miss hearing your voice, what time of day can I call you? I want to hear your thoughts on this adventure...even all the little ones you don't want to put out into cyberspace. I miss you! I love you! I want me a belgium vacation!!!
I love how your blog [life] has become a little cultural fest! Thanks for sharing...and I'm so glad your settled in your beautiful house. I want to see pics!
I love reading about your adventures and seeing pictures of your growing family. The flowers are amazing!
Post a Comment