Monday, September 24, 2012

C'est La Vie Part II

I have always loved the beach.  Always.  Eric kept my heart a flutter by taking our family to Da Haan.  We spoke briefly in the car about going to a different beach.  Isaac asked us where we were going and "what's the name of the other beach?"  Eric smuggly replied "Da Chewbacca."  We got lost in the Belgian country side.  It is flat and stretches fooooreeeeeverrrr. Cute little houses with  red tiled roofs dot the land and the cows are muscle-y.  

We are not the only ones who love Da Haan.  It took us a while to find parking.  We found a yummy little shop and got sandwiches and then took then outside...and the boys sat on someones front door step.  (There was lots of mail in the mail box so I don't think we were bugging anyone, at least I hope not.  In any event no one opened up the door to shew us away with a broom).  Baguette sandwiches have become our go to for eating out.  I'll take mine with tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese, and gouda please.  Yum!  The Belg love paprika A LOT.  I think it is their spice of preference.  The chips are sorta of like a mellow BBQ.

The beach is like the country, flat and stretches fooooooreeeeeverrrrrrr.  Isaac could go 100 meters out and the water would reach his waist.  No steep drop offs.

For the most part everyone kept their suits on.  Whew.  There were a few naked babes, but naked babes are cute. Benj did have shorts on but they got heavy and sandy, so I whipped 'em off.  Maybe I want to bite his knees.

When we first got there, we noticed everyone stayed up by the board walk to lay out.  A few people walked along the water.  We took our stuff towards the water, and had to move it twice because the tide comes in so quickly.  

I have heard it rains here in Belgium, and I am wondering who is spreading such false rumors.  I know it's only time until it rains on my parade but in the meantime we are soaking up this exceptionally good weather.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hooray for fun at the beach! And thanks for the updates! It's fun to see what you and your cute family are up to.