E says I never blog, so this one is dedicated to the one I love...
Eric is the institute instructor in our stake. He usually gets home a little after 6 and heads out the door a little before 7. The other night Isaac was sad that his papa had to go, and was begging him to stay at home:
Isaac: Don't go daddy. You can't go! You can't go!
Dad: Isaac, daddy promise Heavenly Father I would. I have to go.
That one was heavy, the little man had no chance for a real rebuttal. He was sad and it is this mama's job to help keep her men happy, ease the burden of not getting the papa for the night, if you will.
Mom: Isaac, mama will let you watch Dora.
Isaac (super animated and excited, brows raised): YOU WILL?!
Mom: mmhmm
Isaac (dead pan): Go dad.
Dora trumps Dad.
5 weeks ago

3 comments:
It's good to hear your "voice" again, darn that Issac is cute, it makes me miss him running around. in our house when Ben leaves I say "but you can play with MOMMY" and they all start crying and pounding on the door. oh well.
Go Jenny--it's not Dora at our house, it's Imagination Movers. We have moved on from the Wiggles.
Austin stops everything he is doing for IM. Ashlynne loves Choo Choo Soul (I'm not too particularly fond of this one, but she'll grow out of it, I am sure [ha]!) The kids are somewhat disenchanated with me and I'm no longer NICE, "When is Papa coming home" is their constant lament!
I'm with Carly--it's good to hear from YOU again. Everytime I read your blog, I can definitely hear YOU talking. And I laugh out loud.
Ah the timeless dilemma! Lane often cries while dad is going out the door. It's true: I probably won't play hide and seek quite as long as dad would...
I love your little family!
Post a Comment