Monday, April 16, 2012

Thoughts I found on a scrap of paper...

The single biggest problem with 
COMMUNICATION
Is the illusion that is has taken place.
-George Bernard Shaw


LOVE ONE ANOTHER
and you will be  
HAPPY
it is as simple
and as difficult
as that
-Michael Leunig


Nature always tends to act in the simplest way.

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

Make the most of yourself...
for that is all there is of you
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

If there's anything 
half so much fun
as being alive I'd
like to know what it is!

No act of kindness,
No matter how small 
is ever wasted.
-Aesop

It is truly said: It does not take much strength to do things;
but it requires great strength to decide what to do. 
-Chow Ching

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness.
Making everything in its vicinity freshen into smile.
-Washington Irving

Oh, it's nice 
to get up in the mornin',
but it's nicer 
to lie in bed. 
-Sir Harry Lauder

The difference between the impossible and the possible
lies in a person's determination.
-Tommy Lasorda (yeah, I quoted him)

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy;
they are the charming gardeners who make our souls bloom.
-Marcel Proust


lastly, and also my favorite:
The hands that help are holier than the lips that pray.
-Howard W Hunter as heard by President Bretsing 
from Woodbridge Stake conference. 

2 comments:

karen louise said...

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy....

That's my most favorite. I'm just so grateful for you, sweet friend. Really grateful. You...make me happy, always. I love how you make me feel. You just make me feel worth it-and every person in the world needs to feel that. Thank you, Jenny B!

I love you with all my heart and soul!

Rent2own said...

Jenny - You need to know that you make this girl happy!!!