I wish this was a picture of four brothers, but alas the big handsome dude is a cousin/nephew.
We all love Gabe! Apparently everyone loves Gabe, blah bah blah no big deal. What IS a big deal is that this funny handsome cool fellow likes us too.
We went to the park to scooter around and Gabe scooter-ed around too...and then his scooter found a pebble and sent Gabe careening to the asphalt. Blood was literally dripping off his elbow. Isaac went to town doctoring him up. We bandaged him up and then Isaac got Gabe a blanket, a drink of water and a foot rest and anything else Gabe might have needed.
Side Note:
My favorite line of the trip is when Isaac said, "Gabe, you smell like potatoes." Gabe was like "Huh?" Isaac was clueless, he just thought Gabe smelled like, well, potatoes. I nearly fell off my chair: Gabe is from Idaho. Ha.
Eric thought Segways would be lame and talked me out of 'em, but I rallied up a couple days later and went anyway. SOOOO glad we went. There was a little mini private lesson for each person in our party. Our guide told us "The curb is our enemy" maybe 7 times. And impressed upon us the cost of loosing control...it took me exactly 2 min and 36 seconds before I totally crashed...into a bench...BEHIND me. Ugh. Upon take off, our guide told me he wanted me right behind him, like I must have ridden the short bus. Gabe laughed his head off. To add to my shame I crashed my mini van into a curb coming out of the parking lot on our way home, putting a hole in the wheel. To his credit, Gabe did not laugh...until we got to the wheel store. The curb IS our enemy...like a $200 enemy. Ugh.
Man at the wheel store: Your first name?
Me: Jenny
Man at the wheel store: Last name?
Me: Curb Crasher
I wish he had asked me my middle name cause Danger is a cool middle name.
We make it look so simple and innocent,
but really the life of every pedestrian on the walking path was in our hands.
but really the life of every pedestrian on the walking path was in our hands.
This is one of my #1 favorite sights to take my family and friends.
It is impressive and awe inspiring...at least to me and I hope they catch a bit of that too.
Gabe went with Eric and Amy to Gettysburg, saw THE spot were
Mr. Lincoln gave his famous address. (Awe)
After we received our safety helmets, Mr Smarty-pants leans over to me and says,
"I sorta feel like we are special ed tourists."
Moi. Mr. Lincoln. Mr Smarty-pants
I am always impressed at the quiet respect of tourists at the Vietnam memorial.
Trivia question-
Q:What's the difference between memorial and monument
A:Memorial is dedicated after death, monument while they are still alive
I LOVE it when people follow my lame instructions to them. This kid has my heart.
Gabe's a babe. And that is all.





4 comments:
Man you're a cool, fun and adventurous aunt!!! You put me to shame...and inspire me. Didn't know you could have such a fun adventure seeing the same stuff for the millionth time!!! I think you should be a tour guide (but maybe not a Segway trainer!)
I wanna come see you and spend time at those amazing sites :-) But most importantly, I wanna spend time with your cute boys and you, Jenny Beth. Muah!
Oh my goodness, I loved this post! You had me really laughing. :) I know that Gabe probably has no idea who I am but man, he was just about the cutest baby and toddler ever. It is quite humbling to realize how old I am by seeing him! What a fun aunt. Love that you guys did segways...so awesome! Thank you!!!! How did you know I needed to laugh this morning?
Ah I love your hair! Ah I was supposed to call you back after I took dinner out of the oven 7 DAYS AGO! Ah I loved this whole post and your segway story will make me laugh for many moons! Ah I love you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to that sweet boy Issac!
Post a Comment