Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Not cool, dude.

I would like spring to come, but it isn't happening.  In fact Eric and Isaac both got a snow day.

Just now I am sitting at the kitchen table and Benjamin is siting next to me.  There are cookies on the table and I may have told Benjamin "uh uh," he could not have anymore, but I was only paying half attention.  But he got my full attention and a chuckle out of me when he said, "Not cool, dude."

Benjamin found a receipt and was carrying it around.  I asked him what he had there, and our conversation went something like this:
B:  Map to find Jesus Christ.
Mom: Oh?  You are going to find Jesus?
B: Yeah.
Mom:  Where is He?
B: At da church.
Mom: Oh, he is?
B: Yeah.  He ea'din' [c]rackers.
Eric over heard our conversation and Benjamin said something to him about Friday.
Eric said: Evidently Jesus is eating crackers at the church on Friday.  We aught to go.

Maybe Eric was the instigator of the "raise your hand" game but Benjamin is the master at it.  It began something like this:
Eric:  "If you think Mom should eat her broccoli raise your hand."  Everyone raised hand.  Then it turned into, "If you like broccoli, raise your hand."  Everyone raised hand.  Isaac and Seth got right into it,  "If you like chicken raise your hand."  Everyone raised hand.  Benjamin said, "If [you] like D'neyLand, rai'e your hand."  Everyone laughed and raised hand.  He now asks that question at least once or twice at dinner and usually at random times throughout the day...and everyone raises hand.

B: "I not want a nap?"
Mom: "You dont want a nap?"
B: "No thank you."
He got one anyway.

Isaac doesn't like to go up stairs, or downstair by himself.  He usually recruits Seth to go with him.  I assume Seth was encouraging Isaac to take Benjamin with him when I heard Seth say, "Benjamin is the bravest kid I know. Come on dude.  You gotta believe me."


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love Love you guys! Just got on your actual blog today and love the picture! How fantastic is that?! Chuckled outloud at your stories.

Rachel Free said...

Your boys are too cute Jenny!