Tuesday, September 6, 2011

1st day of kindergarten...recess

Seth was playing with a couple of balls.  Isaac had asked to snuggle his mom, "the laying down way" on the couch and we were sharing a couple of clementines.
Mom: Hey Seth!  Try and get the balls into Benjamin's seat.

Seth: Okay.  [a few shots]

Isaac:  Oh!  So close.  [Seth takes another shot].  
You gotta aim for it, Dude!  [Seth take another shot and makes it]. 

Mom:  Good job Seth!

Seth:  I'm Mario. [another couple shots]  Mom, I'm a Mario that talks.  

Mom: okay [Isaac gets up to play].
Seth: Isaac, you're Luigi

Isaac: I dont want to be Ma-uigi. [after a small convincing, he concedes]

Seth: Mom, your the dragon coach.

Mom: Okay.

Isaac:  You gotta talk like (dragon gruff your-eyes-need-to-be-furrowed talk)

Mom: Okay (normal voice)  get the ball in there (dragon gruff your-eyes-need-to-be-furrowed talk) [the fellas take a few shots]

Seth:  Actually I'll be the dragon coach.  [He takes a few shots and says to himself] Oh! So close. (dragon gruff voice).

Seth: [walks over to mom who is still lying on the couch] Pretends I have spikes, okay?

Mom: Okay.

Isaac: Can I play wiff that ball?

Seth: When I say "Ding ding" it's time to trade.

Seth is the ultimate Dragon coach.  And Isaac is the ultimate cute kindergarten boy.  And I still love recess...31 years after I was in kindergarten. Ha.

No comments: