Tuesday, September 6, 2011

1st day of kindergarten...work-n-stuff



Isaac has been working on reading, writing, and numbers.  When was the first official day of school for us?  Well the first sticker on the calendar was August 24.



Umm...this little Luigi came from China via ebay.  The arms came off and I mentioned to the li'l gentlemen that we needed to throw his arms away because they come off and Benjamin could choke on them.   All concured.  So Isaac taught himself about prosthetics.  So is that anatomy? critical thinking? um...something cool sounding?

See the bus in the far distance...my eyes were dry and my heart did a little trill,
 because Isaac wasn't on it.

A couple other things about Isaac, at age 5 1/2 when he started kindergarten. Isaac:
  •  loves PB&J especially grape J.  
  • will eat most anything when he learns it is healthy, except mashed potatoes.
  • loves star wars but doesnt really know anything about it.  Actually, not true, he does know quite a bit.  But everything he knows comes from his buddy Andrew Ringel.
  • loves to play PBSkids on the computer.
  • loves to play baseball most, but also soccer. 
  • was awarded the most imporved swimmer on his swim team.  He is a little fish.  
  • volunteers a lot in primary, and is always willing to pray when everyone else says no.  
  • has an amazing memory.  Which reminds me, he asked me to play Duck Duck Goose, and explained all the rules.  "Isaac, how do you know how to play Duck Duck Goose?"  "Because we played it at the family [re]union, not the last one, but the one before that."  "When we where in Bryce Canyon?" "Yeah."
  • is funny.  
  • sings right on key.  And when I eves drop on him while he is playing he often makes up songs to church hymns.  
  • loooooves babies.

3 comments:

Gaylene said...

So sweet. Our First day of kindergarten for Ash was today. As of yet, not a word from mom as to how it was. Funny thing is that there was an accidental trial run. Kass called me yesterday, said she got Ash all dressed up, she looked darling, was really excited. Got to the school and looked around. No children hesitant parents, nothing! Went in and the teacher advised her that school was tomorrow--not Tuesday! "Boy did I feel stupid" "What kind of mother am I?" was all she asked! I laughed my head off and thought to myself, "Wow, that's something I would have done had I had the opportunity to raise her from a small child." What a lucky boy Isaac (Seth and Benjamin too) is to have a mom who knows all about him and when the acutal school day is!!!!!

Ben & Carly said...

sweet jenny I just caught up on all your kindergarten posts and it looks like that boy is ahead of the game. that's pretty much all Luke learned all year, why couldn't you be my kids teacher? we like recess too!

The Holts said...

I admire you for home schooling. You are the best momma! Your boys probably just love playing with you all the time. Love ya