Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Six digits

I tell Isaac all the time he can't eat any more veggies or fruits; he just smiles at me and continues to chomp on his carrots.
He turned six.

He is DARling.


He a good buddy to Seth.  At t-ball practice this week they passed out shirts.  The x-small one came out first and landed on the grass.  Isaac asked if he could "take it home for [his] little brother."  Isaac is very a loving brother to Benjamin.  Sometimes in the morning we all end up snuggling (me) and wrestling (Seth and Benjamin) in the same bed.  Benjamin will do something funny and Isaac and I share a laugh together  about his adorableness.  One time we were cleaning up and Isaac said about Benjamin with a smile in his voice, "He sure is cute but he's not very helpful."  Isaac is funny.

Ole blue eyes is a good little athlete.  We go to a gym close to our home for free play.  Isaac had done a few things and the coach gave him safety pointers (like when you are landing on your bum on the tramp, place your hands at your side, not behind you, with the fingers facing forward ).  Later, after 3 such incidences, the coach told me Isaac is very athletic and that he has a good attitude, he listened.

Isaac has an awesome imagination.  He and his brothers play with these baseball dudes for loong periods of time.  (Thanks grandma and grandpa.)  He also asks very good questions about life, WHY things are the way they are, and "How do you know that?" 

Isaac can be very kind and thoughtful.  He responds well to the spirit and he loves to bear his testimony.   I heard him say in his prayers the other night to "bless [him] to be a peacemaker."  (I'm going to pray that for him too, and all are invited to join me.) He wants to be a missionary. Just yesterday he told me he wants to have a yard sale so he can save money to be a missionary.  (Thanks Gabe.)

Isaac knows how to touch my heart. I had been scolding the boys for something.  A few minutes later Isaac said to me, "Mom I love you SO much, but I dont like it when you act mean."  I paused.  A few minutes later he said "Mom, I wouldnt trade you for anything in the whole world.  Not for all (sweep of hand horizontally) the good stuff in the world."  I thanked my little buddy. And then he said, "Even if there was a mom who would let me play the wii everyday, I wouldn't even trade you for her." That was the ultimate compliment.  Glad you joined us six years ago, little buddy.  You made me a mommy.  You fill my heart to the brim.  I wouldnt trade being your mommy for anything (sweep of hand horizontally) in the whole universe.  I love you dear Isaac. 

2 comments:

karen louise said...

I love this little Isaac. A LOT. I'm glad he made you a mommy because I know it made you happy!

I love you, Jenny B.

Those kids of yours are the stinkin' cutest dimplest kids I've ever seen. I am definitely a fan!!

Lacey Claire George said...

I second the DARling and I think that Seth and Benjamin have also earned the term. Happy 6 Isaac! And do I spy Gabe's leg in one of those pictures?