Sometimes we sing lies.
Like this Christmas song line, ♫"And mom and dad can hardly wait for school to start again."♪
What a bunch of malarkey.
Despite my apprehension about sending Isaac back to school, Eric took him to school anyway. This morning Isaac said to me, "I have school today," to which I promptly gave him a thumbs down sign. (dont judge me). Isaac turned my frown upside down by giving me two thumbs up. "So I can learn!" He got me there. I gave him a sincere smile and two thumbs up, "I miss you but I am glad you can learn." He makes my world better. His imagination is out of this world. He and Seth have been playing spy and Isaac gets full marks for their wonderland.
So the holidays past too quick for me BUT we had a wonderful time. A review of our New Years party:
 |
| The little gentlemen were excited about these balloons. Some had money and all of them had a joke. This might be a permanent tradition. |
 |
| Benjamin loved running into the balloons. |
 |
I have a list of things that make me high. Dancing with a mirror ball is right up there, it quadruples the fun. |
Also on the list are fireworks. I LOVE THEM. And our neighbors invited out for a show. They were not your regular cultisac fountain variety. They were legit. And I giggled right out loud and the perfectness of having them for new years.
 |
| Isaac is a loving and affectionate brother. He always wraps his arm around Seth and sorta nuzzles their heads together. During the holidays I took the little gentlemen to Technopolis (a kid's science museum). Isaac wrapped his arm around and started nuzzling a little stranger boy who happened to be standing in front of me. I couldn't stop laughing. His good humor allowed him a little chuckle as well. Glad they are friends and brothers. |
 |
Here is our annual New Years family picture with homemade hats. My little men know how to strike a pose. Years ago we started making our own hats because we couldn't find any in the store, and hats were a requirement as per Isaac for "real parties." This year I found some AWESOME store hats but E gave me the thumbs down. "We make our own." 'Cept we couldn't find hat making supplies. Sorta ironic. Anyway, we had a new years party kit with masks and those little birthday cone hats. To make them part of the tradition, everyone colored their favorite 2012 memory and we taped it on |
 |
| Seth liked going to the beach. He drew our family. |
 |
| Isaac also like going to the beach in Oregon. By the way, they told me their favorite memory separately so as not to be influenced by one another. |
 |
My favorite memory was rafting down the river with my boys in Jackson Hole. One of my ALL TIME FAVORITE MEMORIES EVER! |
 |
| E's favorite memory was going to Disney Paris. |
1 comment:
What fun new year's traditions! Thanks for sharing. The pictures are precious. and I love the memory hat idea.
Post a Comment