Tuesday, September 6, 2011

1st day of kindergarten...sort of

Tuesday 6 SEPTEMBER 2011
I woke up a little giddy today!  I love the first day of school, but technically this was NOT Isaac's first day of school.  It WOULD HAVE BEEN his first day of school ever IF he was going to public school.   
But he's not.

He is staying home with his mom, and best friends, Seth and Benjamin.

Hence my giddiness.  It felt like a small school girl, with a big crush on the boy sitting next to me, kind of giddy.  When I was in kindergarten I had a crush on Sam Noyce, BUT, if Isaac had been in my class, I would have had a crush on him.  I think he is super duper CUTE!

So here is the obligatory front door picture.  Isaac has the fake smile syndrome.  So I coached him.  I told him to just be normal and I would say things he loves and if something made him happy he could just smile naturally.  I threw out all sorts of things: Mom, Dad, candy, tickles, Seth, soccer, etc.

Then Isaac let me see a glimpse of who he really is, his wisdom, and true knowledge.
  "Mom, say Jesus."  
He made me smile clear to heart.  
I love being his mommy and kindergarten teacher. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun way to kick off the school year, you are so fun!! I hope you post ideas that you do with him so I can learn how to be a better teacher! Your boys are the cutest. Seriously!

Whitney said...

So cute!!! I love this!

Tolberts in Motion said...

Oh, Jenny, that was so cute! We sure do miss you guys! Logan talks about Issac all the time and Dilon still loves his Ms. Jenny!!

Rachel Free said...

What a cutie!!! You have the most darling boys Jenny!

The Thackers said...

That's so sweet!! That little boy is so lucky to have you for a momma. He is adorable, by the way.